BEST PING PONG PADDLE REVIEWS 2019
Ping pong paddle or table tennis racket, call it what you want but they all refer to the same thing. Whether you like to play a casual game in your basement or compete with your office mates at work or want to advance to a more professional level, there is always a paddle that will be the perfect one to make you win your game.
There are many different manufacturers, some more popular than the others, but what works for one may not work for another as playing styles can be different. Here we have handpicked some of the best ping pong paddles paddles for all levels and budgets so that you can find the right one for you.
what is the best ping pong paddle 2019?
The Killerspin JET 800 is a top-rated and high-end paddle that has players such as Olympic Champion Chen Qi and US National champion Ilija Lupulesku to its credit. It’s a super rigid, all powerful paddle that gives a superior spin. It uses 2 layers of carbon to make it lightweight and rigid at the same time.
- It is build for superior performance with a 7-ply wood blade, 5 wood layers and 2 carbon layers
- The 2.0 mm high tension Nitrix-4Z rubber provides a lot of spin while serving and control during the defense.
- It is a JET-Series racket with a wooden side tape that makes it durable yet stylish
- Ratings out of 10 : Speed – 9.5, Spin – 9.0 and Control – 8.0
- Comes with a 30-day warranty
- The racket is balanced well without feeling heavy at any one end.
- The ergonomic handle sits comfortably in your palm.
- Good quality rubber that is durable offers good spin.
- Rigid blade offers brilliant speed and power
- As the paddle is designed to be extra rigid, you will take time to get used to the decreased control.
- It is expensive though what you pay is for its quality and construction
STIGA PRO CARBON
If you are an intermediate to advanced level table tennis player, then the Stiga Pro carbon table tennis racket will be a good choice for you. The blade is quite rigid with its 7 ply construction, two of which are carbon layers that add strength without adding bulk. It is not heavy but is large making it ideal for players with average to large-sized hands. It offers excellent power and spin for some great offensive playing.
- The blade has a 7-Ply blade construction and is backed by S5 Rubber and a 2mm Sponge
- ITTF Approved Rubber for Tournament Play
- Uses carbon technology for power and speed
- Performance Ratings : Speed – 99 Spin -100 and Control – 80
- Excellent speed offered by the rigid blade is ideal for aggressive playing
- Great for practicing spinning loops
- The paddle offers good spin if it is cleaned regularly
- Flared handles for a comfortable grip
- The rubber tends to wear out easily and will need to be replaced
- Not great for defensive playing
- The racket is difficult to control and hence is not suitable for those who have trouble with control
The Stiga Supreme is a nice tournament-level racket that is ideal for beginners and those who want to take their playing to a more serious level. It can also be a great paddle even if you are an entry-level professional. The paddle uses a combinations of technologies to produce a light-weight and yet a super-powerful racket with control.
The blade benefits from the Stiga’s tube process, making the central ply extra rigid and a Crystal technology makes the blade surface hard. It is also weight balanced to make it heavier where the ball touches the paddle. The ACS technology uses microcapsules in the rubber to increase speed and control.
- A 6-ply light-weight blade for good control
- Future inverted rubber backed by a 2mm sponge
- ITTF approved rubber for tournament play
- Stiga ACS technology improves speed and control
- Performance Ratings- Speed: 90 Spin: 92 Control: 89
- The Stiga tube treatment to the middle ply makes it lightweight for faster play
- Good control and maneuverability
- Sits comfortably in your palm
- Good value for money with a 6-ply blade for its price point
- Not good for top-spins and loops away from the table
- It may be too lightweight for some, especially so for offensive players that like some weight on their paddles
KILLERSPIN JET 600
If you are looking for a great mid-level racket then it has got to be the Jet 600 from the Chicago-based company, Killerspin. It is light-weight padde with a 5 ply construction to give you more power. The rubber on the paddle allows you to defend spin shots and serve them equally well.
It is designed for both recreational and some serious aggressive playing as it has the right mix of power, spin and control.
- The blade is made of 5 layers of different premium grade woods
- A light and 6.0mm thick blade allows for an aggressive play with good control
- Flared handles for a better grip
- Made of ITTF approved, 2.0mm high-tension Nitrx-4Z rubber
- Ratings out of 10: Speed 8.0, Spin 9.0, Control 8.5
- Comes with a 30-day warranty
- Offers exceptionally good spin due to its tacky rubber
- Great value for money as it is a tournament level paddle that intermediate players can use
- The lightweight construction is high on control
- New users might take time to get used to its power and speed
- Some users find the flared handle a bit uncomfortable to grip
DHS HURRICANE II
If you are looking for a professional level paddle suitable for a shakehand style grip, then the DHS Hurrican II is something you should consider investing in. The paddle has a good mix of power, spin and control to let you win match after match.
- The blade is made of 5 ply wood and is light weight for superior control
- The Chinese brand racket comes with a shakehand style handle
- ITTF approved rubber with pimples in for a superior spin
- Ideal for tournaments and championship
- The 5 ply wood and light weight construction is great for some hard hitting
- Rubber is very tacky making it ideal for the spin players
- Sweet spot on the front of the paddle allows for a great spin
- Poor quality rubber that loses its tackiness over time
- Expensive as it is a professional level paddle
DHS HURRICANE III
The Hurricane III is a popular ping pong paddle rubber that comes from the house of DHS. If you have some good experience playing table tennis and want to up your game, then you should switch to this one. It offers great control and is ideal for players who have a weak attack power.
- The rubber is 2.15 – 2.20 mm thick with a hard sponge for a great spin
- The pimples of the rubber face the blade
- Long-lasting performance
- Professional grade rubber
- Ideal paddle rubber for topspin, counter attacking, serving and smashing
- The rubber offers a good amount of control
- The tackiness of the rubber tends to fade with use
When you know you are getting better at your game of table tennis and want to get into some serious playing, the Killerspin Jet 200 can be a great entry-level model for you. Beginners need a lot of control and the Jet 200 offers you the best in control and precision in a quality paddle. The low rating of speed also gives the necessary control to focus more on your technique.
- The blade is made of 5-ply premium wood for an extra-light paddle
- Comes with an ergonomic flared handle for a superior grip
- Good performance rubber with a thickness of 1.8mm
- Ratings out of 10: Speed 6.0, Spin 7.0, Control 8.5
- Comes with a 30-day warranty
- The weight is higher than others in its price range
- These make for some great practice paddles
- It is an inexpensive model suitable for beginners
- It is low on overall speed and power
- The rubber is not ITTF approved and hence cannot be used for tournaments
Buying an entry-level paddle doesn’t mean you settle for a shoddily made racket. The Butterfly 401 is a great entry-level paddle that will give you a taste of a good quality racket and its performance at an unbelievable price.
- Extremely tacky Butterfly Yuki rubber on both sides offers high spin
- The rubber is backed by soft 2.1 millimeter sponge layer that provides springy feel and has inverted surface
- Comes with shakehand style handles
- Rating out of 10 : Speed 8.0, spin 8.0, control 8.50
- The rubber is extremely tacky offering the best spin in an entry-level paddle
- The rubber retains its tackiness even after repeated use
- The paddle is rugged enough to withstand rough handling
- It has a comparatively lower control than other paddles in the segment
- The handle can prove to be smaller for some users, especially those with large hands
Beginners will love the Stiga Titan paddle for its spin and control without too much power. This is the cheapest entry-level tournament grade paddle you will find in the market.
- The blade has a 5-ply extra light-weight construction for speed and control
- Comes with a 2mm Sponge and a concave Italian composite handle
- ITTF approved inverted tournament rubber
- The surface of the blade is hardened for speed with Crystal Technology
- Ratings – Speed: 80, Spin: 77, Control: 82
- The lightweight paddle (0.35 lbs) is great for speed playing and is ideal for beginners and children
- The inverted rubber sponge is great for a good spin
- Very affordable due to a low price point
- As it is lightweight, it is not ideal for power playing
- Poor quality sponge
SEE MORE: BEST PING PONG TABLE REVIEWS